WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
The first thing to do when creating an e-commerce shopping cart is to create the Product Catalog. All the products for sale on your website are included in the catalog, and each has a complete and accurate description. If there are a lot of products, they are displayed in well-organized categories and sub-categories.
Organize your store into different categories
Categories are useful for you to better organize your store, so that your customers can easily find what they are looking for.
- On Step 1- Website Settings click on the Shopping Cart button: in the Product List section you will find all the necessary options.
- To add a new category, you need to click on the New Category button, give it an appropriate name so that you can identify it easily and use the Enter key (or click outside the field ) to confirm your choice.
- You can follow the same procedure to create a sub-folder: just remember to select the main category before clicking on the New Category button.
- Categories are displayed in the order you have created them, but you can arrange them differently by using the specific buttons or by dragging them into the correct position.
You don't need to set up all the categories and sub-categories right away: you can in fact add and edit them at any time.
Please remember that categories simply contain products, and they do not have any particular properties. It is anyway advisable to rename them appropriately, so to avoid getting confused.
Create a new Product
Once you've defined at least the fist categories, you can move on inserting your products:
- Select a category or a sub-category and click on New Product to open the Product Settings window.
- In the General section, insert the product Name/Code and a short description. You should be careful at this point, because these texts will be reported in the product cards and the product pages of your store.
- Set the price and the VAT, if necessary.
- Now open the Image section, click on the Add button and select one or more images for the product. You can add both images and videos .The first one will be used for the cards or the product pages, the others will be part of a slideshow which the customer can see by opening the corresponding ShowBox.
- You can define how and in which order the images must be displayed by using the available options. You can also select an imported image and click on the Edit button work at it using the internal image editor.
- Set the maximum size for the ShowBox window and decide whether to show the thumbnails for all the images.
- Confirm by clickin OK. You have created your product by adding all the necessary details: if you need to, you can select it and go back to the Product Settings window to update it and make changes.
- You can repeat the procedure to add all the products for your store.
#tip - Import/Export products. The Product Catalog can be imported, if it already exists in .TXT or .CSV format, or exported using the and buttons. For more information on Importing/exporting and how to create and manage the files with the Product catalog, see How to import/export products in the shopping cart.