WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
When a visitors fill in an online form and submits his data, they expect an acknowledgment that the data has been received: a confirmation e-mail is a way of thanking them for their time, and reassuring them that his information is being treated.
To create an automatic reply you need to follow these steps:
- In Contact Form Object > Send select the Send a confirmation e-mail to the user option.
- Give the e-mail of the Site Administrator in the Sender e-mail address field and specify which field in the form contains the entry for the User e-mail address (which is the e-mail of the visitor).
- To complete the confirmation e-mail you must specify the Subject and write the Message.
- You can also select the Include the collected data option to remind the visitor what information he gave.
As far as the Confirmation Page is concerned, it is a good idea to add a Thank-you page to the e-mail, rather than just sending the recipient to the Home page.
- In Step 3 - Sitemap Creation create a new page and add the necessary contents.
- Select the Confirmation page in the website Map and click on the button so that this page is invisible during normal website navigation.
- Go back to Step 4 - Page Creation, select the Contact Form Object to work on and open the Contact Form Object > Send window.
- Click on the button of the Confirmation page after sending data option to open the Map and select the Confirmation page you have prepared.
E-mails containing data submitted through online forms are created automatically by the Program. Use the options in Step 2-Template Settings to define the style of these e-mails.