WebSite X5 Pro
Even if the most famous service is the one offered by Google (see, How to activate Google Analytics™?), there are other alternative services which can be as valid as Google's.
With the Pro edition, you can use the service offered by WebSite X5 directly: WebSite X5 Analytics.
#tip - Starting from version 2021.1,WebSite X5 Analytics is no longer available for the Evo edition, but for the Pro one only.
How to activate WebSite X5 Analytics
Activating WebSite X5 Analytics on your WebSite is really simple.
- Go to Step 1 - Settings and open Statistics and Code.
- In Statistics, click on the Enable website hit statistics option.
- Choose WebSite X5 Analytics as Statistics engine.
- Click OK when you are happy with the result.
#tip - Database and project export. If you decide to export your website using the Webspace offered by WebSite X5, you don't have to do anything: the database and server connection parameters are already integrated. If, on the other hand, you choose another Provider, you will need to report them manually. Please see: How to export your website using a Hosting Service different from the one included with WebSite X5.
How to access the collected data
After having activated WebSite X5 Analytics and exported your project online, you will have to wait some time before the system starts collecting data.
You can see the data you collected in two ways:
- Using the online Control Panel
- Connect to http://www.mywebsite.com/admin where http://www.mywebsite.com refers to the URL of your Website
- Log in using your credentials (Login and Password).
- Go to the Statistics section to see the collected data.
- Using the WebSite X5 Manager App
- Install the App on your smartphone using the links available on Step 1 - Settings > Control Panel and WebSite X5 Manager
- Start the App and add the website you want to manage: you can manually fill in the form or scan the QR-Code which you find in the WebSite X5 Manager section of the online Control Panel.
- Open the dashboard and go to the Statistics section.
#tip - For more information about the Control Panel and the WebSite X5 Manager App, please see: WebSite X5 online Control Panel and The WebSite X5 Manager App: What is it and why do you need it?