WebSite X5 since version 2020.2
PayPal Commerce Platform is a new PayPal payment solution which simplifies the implementation of various payment systems, thus improving the quality of the customer experience on the online store, making it more satisfying and linear.
Using PayPal Commerce Platform on WebSite X5 is really simple and thanks to this new solution with a single account you will be able to accept direct payments via credit cards ( Visa, Mastercard and American Express), debit cards and stored-value cards, via PayPal, as well as other localized payment methods, so to fulfil the needs of more than 190 countries all around the world, for instance MyBank, iDeal, Sofort, Giropay etc, and allow your customers to pay in more than 100 different currencies.
#tip - The old PayPal payment system is now deprecated. Please update your online store and activate PayPal Commerce Platform.
How to connect the PayPal account
In order to activate PayPal Commerce Platform as payment method for your online store, you need to proceed as follows:
- Go to Step 1 - Settings> Advanced> Shopping Cart>Order Management
- In the Payment type List click on Add so to access the Payment Type window.
- Open the Type section and activate the Pay Now option: select now the "PayPal Commerce Platform" option as Payment Type.
- Click on the Connect PayPal Account button.
- You will be redirected on a PayPal page: please follow the reported procedure to connect the account. You may need to confirm your e-mail address.
- If don't have a PayPal Business account yet, you will be asked to create one and to connect it to your e-commerce. To do this, you may be asked to report some details such as your e-mail, password, name, contact details of the store owner etc.
- Once you have reported your company details, you need to give WebSite X5 the permission to integrate PayPal on your website.
- In just few steps you have then activated and connected the PayPal Commerce Platform: you can now use the other options available in WebSite X5 to define the pages which need to be displayed for the Payment Confirmation or the Payment Error.
#tip - To find out more about how to set a new payment method in general, please see: How to define payment methods.
What the customer sees
As we said, PayPal Commerce Platform is compatible with the most popular payment methods in each country: credit and debit cards, PayPal and local payment systems. Of course, the platform doesn't always report the same payment methods for all the customers: this would unnecessarily complicate the whole process. On the other hand, it selects the best payment options according to the single customer. The choice of the payment options to be displayed is performed according to different factors, such as the country the customers are from or the device they are using to visit the website.
As a result, the customers' shopping experience will be customized and optimized, so to be successfully completed.
We kindly recommend using the new PayPal Commerce Platform system for both your payments via PayPal and credit card.
If you update your WebSite X5, you will notice the old PayPal/Credit Card system will be labelled as "deprecated": if you set this method for your e-commerce you will still be able to use it, but we recommend using the new one instead.