WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Dropbox is one of the most well-known online cloud storage services. To put it simply, Dropbox offers web space where you can archive and share your files: you can create a free account, then upgrade to higher-level plans if you'd like.
Thanks to the Dropbox Gallery Object, you can insert a Gallery in your website that draws and displays images directly from a folder in Dropbox. Simply add or remove images in this folder to automatically update the Gallery, without having to do anything to your website. Plus, you can decide to share the Dropbox folder, thereby allowing other people to update the Gallery without needing to grant them access to the website itself.
Do you want to find out how Dropbox Gallery works? Check out this video or keep reading:
How to set up your files in Dropbox.
First of all, you need to create an account, even a free one, with Dropbox, and upload the images you intend to use for your gallery into a folder.
Once that's done, follow these steps:
- Log in and access your Dropbox homepage.
- Click on the button with the three dots, located in the lower right: in the menu that opens, click on the Developer tab.
- Now you're in the developer environment: click on the Create apps button.
- Follow the instructions: select Dropbox API, then the Full Dropbox option, and finally type in the name of your app. Click on the Create app button.
- Now you've created your app, and you can use these controls to manage the layout and view the analytics. Click on the Generate button located under the Generated access token.
- Select and copy the access code that's generated.
How to set up the gallery in WebSite X5.
Now that you have an access token, you can return to work in WebSite X5.
- Insert the Dropbox Gallery Object into a page, select the Grid, and click on the button to access the layout window.
- Paste the access token into the indicated field.
- Specify the path for the Dropbox folder hosting the images; for example: /Folder/Subfolder.
- Define the Update frequency, meaning how often the Object should check the folder from which it draws images for updates.
- Use the available design settings to define the gallery's styles and appearance.
Can't wait to use this for your web pages? Install the Dropbox Gallery Object now
Don't have enough Credits to purchase this Object? Browse all Credit packs