WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
If you think your online forms will be filled in by a large number of visitors, using e-mails to collect the submitted data may not be the most convenient solution: the Site Administrator will risk receiving too many e-mails have to spend too much time organizing submitted data and replying to the e-mails. (see, How to send submitted data by e-mail):
You may prefer to have the data sent directly to a database: in this way, the data will be entered automatically in the preset tables, ready to be later processed.
- On Step 1 - Website Settings > Advanced, click on Data Management to create the list of databases linked to the current Project.
- Click on the Add button to open the Database Settings window and give the parameters for identifying the database.
- Go back to Step 4 - Pages, select the Contact Form Object to work on and open the Contact Form Object > Send window.
- Set Send data to a Database as the Data submission method.
- Select the Database from the list: this list includes all the databases that have been linked to the project in Data Management.
- Specify the Table Name of the database to use.
- Select the Send an e-mail to notify the data has been received option and enter the Site Administrator's e-mail address in the User e-mail address field so that he will be notified when new data arrives.
E-mails containing data submitted through online forms are created automatically by the Program. Use the options in Step 2-Template Settings to define the style of these e-mails.