WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
What do you usually do when you have to choose a restaurant or buy a product? Let me guess: you first google it and check out some of the reviews, then you take your decision. And that's the point: most people tend to read online opinions before booking a service or placing an order, exactly like you do. Data show that the other people's opinion play a crucial role in the purchase process. That's why you need to collect positive feedback about your services and /or products and show them at the right time if you want to grow your business.
With the Testimonial & Rating Object, reporting the reviews you got on your website is a real piece of cake: we used it in the CityHotel Template for the guests' reviews, but you can also find more examples on the Preview page.
Do you want to find out how Testimonial & Rating works? Check out this video or keep reading:
How to define the box contents
With the Testimonial & Rating Object you can easily create an attractive and appealing box for any review you get and that you want to share on your website.
- Double-click on the Testimonial & Rating Object you added on the page to open the settings window.
- Stay in Contents section to import texts and images.
- Report a Title if you can: just a few words that summarize the message, possibly taken from the review itself.
- Try to use an Image as well: it is nice to see and useful as well, because it helps associate the message with a real person, possibly the real customer.
- Report the review.
- Use the Signature fields to report the name and possibly the author's role and company.
- If you want to, add he Date you got the review on: of course, visitors will prefer to see the most recent reviews first.
#tip - Depending on the style set for the Object, some of the options available in the "Contents" tab may be disabled.
How to define the graphic style
After having added the contents, you can move on to the review box graphic style. As you can see, you have many options in the Style tab:
- choose among different styles;
- decide the order of images and texts;
- define fonts, colors, thickness and rounded corners;
- define the box Size, reporting a pixel value.
How to add a rating
If you want to, use the options available in the Style > Rating section to report the rating you've been given by the review author.
- Report the rating in a 1 to 5 scale.
- Choose how the rating should be displayed, using starts, dots or hearts.
- Define the symbol size and color.
- Click OK when you're happy with the result.
How to set a link on a review
If you are using a third-party service for your reviews, and you want to attest their accuracy, you may want to set a link to the review service page. Alternatively, you could link the reviewer's website or social account, so to certify the review is real.
- In the Testimonial & Rating > Contents window, click on the button to open the Link window.
- Set the desired action and the necessary parameters, then click OK.
#tip - When you set a link in this way, the whole box will become active and clickable.
Some tips to get more reviews
Reviews don't fall on us from the sky: you have to encourage your customers to report their opinions and find the right tools to manage it all.
- Are you looking for a quick and easy way to collect reviews? Use the Comment and Rating Object. You can also use some specific services such as TrustPilot, Ekomi, Feedaty, etc. Some are free, while others are paid: it's up to you to decide according to your goals and budget.
- Consider how you want to get a review: you can ask for it on your website, add a link in your e-mails, suggest it via phone or chat direct contact.
- Choose how to request the review: select the words to use carefully, so not to offend or anger anybody, and possibly evaluate the possibility of offering a little gift in return.
- Learn how to manage negative reviews: the best choice is not to delete them, but to turn them into an opportunity of dialogue instead. In fact, nobody believes a product can have only positive reviews.
Are you curious to use this Object on your website pages? Install Testimonial & Rating now
You don't have enough Credits to buy this Object? Check out our Credit Packs