WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
In WebSite X5, each website you create corresponds to a Project, that is saved in a file called Project.IWPRJ. This file is created automatically the first time you save your Project: it is saved in the Projects folder which you can specify in the Preferences window.
As well as creating the fundamental project file, WebSite X5 also creates and make a copy of all the resources (pictures, animation, videos, etc.) that are linked to the project. This provides a double advantage:
- The resources linked to the Project are optimized: copies of the pictures, for example, are saved in a size that is best suited to be displayed on the website (which is not necessarily their original size), and they are also compressed when saved.
- Even if you move or delete the original files from the position they were originally saved at, the project still continues to work and all the resources are displayed correctly.
How to organize the Project Folder
WebSite X5 sets no limits to the number of Projects you can create: you can create Projects for yourself, for friends and clubs, or for your Customers. Obviously, as the number of projects increases, it is important to organize them efficiently, so that you can find them quickly when you need them. The easiest way to do this is to save the Projects in folders that are named and ordered properly.
If you are working with the Pro edition, this is what you should do:
- Start the program and click on Open project so to access the Edit an existing Project window.
- In the Project Selection window of Step 1, click on the button to display the Project Folder. You will see a list of all the Projects you have created and, to the left of this, the tree structure of the Projects Folder.
- Click on the button and then select the New command in the menu that opens, to create a new subfolder in the Projects Folder.
- Click twice on the new subfolder, or select the Rename command, and give the new folder an appropriate name.
- Repeat these steps for all the subfolders you need to create.
- Select the Projects Folder from the tree to display all the existing Projects. Select the one you want to save, dragging its name in the tree to the subfolder you want to save it in. Do the same for all the other Projects.
When you have organized the Project Folder and saved the Projects in their subfolders, you can choose to display:
- only the projects in the current subfolder, if the visualization of the Project Folders is not active;
- all the subfolders and the projects in them, if the visualization of the Project Folders is active.