WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
If you have a food blog, you may want to add some videos to show the step-by-step process to cook your delicious recipes. Creating a video recipe is not hard at all, and adding it onto your Blog post is really simple. Let's find out how to proceed.
There are 3 ways of adding a video on a Blog post: make the best choice according to the result you want to get.
Link on an image
You can simply add an image in your Blog post and link a video to it, so it displayed in a ShowBox window on click. That's what you need to do:
- Open the Post Settings window so to work within the post editor.
- Place the mouse cursor where you want your image to be and select the button: choose if you want to use an image available in the online gallery or if you want to import it from your PC.
- Select the image you just added and click on the button to open the Link window.
- Choose the File or URL action and set the link to the internet file or import the file from your PC.
- Select the Open in a ShowBox window option, report the window size and possibly add a description.
If you want to add a YouTube video in your Blog article, you can directly embed the video HTML code itself.
You first need to get the YouTube video HTML code:
- Open YouTube and select the video you want to use.
- Click on the Share button.
- Access the box with the different sharing options: select the Embed one.
- Possibly use the available embed options, then click on the Copy button, so to copy the reported HTML code.
Now, you can go back to your post:
- Open the Post Settings window so to access the editor.
- Click on the button so to add the HTML Code within the text.
- Place the cursor in the spot you want the video to be and paste code YouTube video embed code: you can use the button or press the CTRL+V keys.
Finally, you can add a video as a resource linked to the post: in this case, the video will be displayed with a specific player after the end of the article.
- Open the Post Settings window and access the Resources section.
- Choose if you want to use a local or an online file, or again a YouTube video. Import the file or paste the link.
- Se the maximum size for the video player.
If you add files from your computer or from the Internet, they can be either videos (in .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPG or .MOV format) or audio files (in .MP3, .WMA, .WAV, .MID, .AIF or .M4A format).