WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
As the name suggests, the entry page is a page which is displayed before any other when entering a website, even before the home page.
You can use an entry page on your website to:
- add a sort of cover for your website;
- set up an automatic redirect according to the browser language;
- set up an automatic redirect according to the resolution of the device used to visit your website.
In this guide, we will see how to use an entry page to create an introductory cover for your website. For other functions, which are available for the Pro version only, please see: How to set up an automatic redirection according to the detected Browser language and How to set up a redirection according to the device resolution
How to create an introductory cover
Because the entry page isn't a compulsory element on a website, and it can be used for different goals, you first need to activate it, decide what you want to use it for and finally set it up. Let's see how.
- On Step 1 > Entry Page click on Show entry Page: now you have all the options available.
- Choose what you want to to with your entry page. In our case, to create introductory cover please click on Show Entry Page.
- Now build your entry page by selecting the kind of content you want to show. You can use an image, a video, an animation, or directly add some HTML code. According to the kind of content you select, you will need to select the file you want to import or add the specific HTML code. You can always define the content size in pixels.
- Now move on to the page background: select a color or an image. In this second case, you need to import an image and decide if and how it should be repeated to fit in the browser window space and, finally, how it should be aligned.
- Finally, decide how long it should take before the home page of the website is displayed: to do this, activate the Jump to the Home Page after [sec] option.
How to add the buttons for the language selection
If your website is available in different languages (for instance in English and Italian), you can use the cover created with the entry page to give your users the possibility to select the wished language.
- Click on Show entry page and then select the Show the Entry page and ask for the choice of language option.
- Set up the page as previously described, by selecting the content and the relative background.
- Now create the language list your website is available in: report an image and the link for each language. Don't forget to set the default language.
#tip - For more information about the above-mentioned procedure and more in general about the management of projects available in different languages, see: How to set up the commands for the language choice on an Entry Page
#tip - Alternatives. Even if here the program mentions languages, you can use this function to make your visitors choose more in general between versions of the same website. For instance, you can set the choice between "Version for customer" and "Version for resellers" of your store.