WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
An Entry Page is a sort of initial cover for your website: it usually reports an image, a video or an animation and the access to the actual Home Page is possible after a certain defined amount of time or by clicking on a link.
We will use this entry page to talk about the commands to choose the language the webiste must be displayed in.
To be clearer, we will take on the same example we mentioned in the article How to create a multi-language website, taking all what's reported on that article about how to set up projects in English, German and Portuguese for granted.
- Open your English project.
- On Step 1 > Website Settings > Advanced click on the Entry page button and, in the window that opens, select the Show the Entry Page option, then select Show the Entry page and ask for the choice of language.
- Specify the picture/animation to use as the Page Background and give all the necessary settings to obtain the style you want.
- Use the available commands to make up the Language List. Select "Italiano", "Español" and "Français" as unavailable languages and click on the Remove button. Then click on the Add button to open the Language Settings window and add Portuguese: type "Português" as the Language name to show and import a file for the picture to associate with it (this is often the nation's flag).
- Select "English" and "Italiano" and click on the Edit... button to open the Language Settings window and add the pictures for the flags for these languages.
- In the Language Settings window, set the Link for this Language: click on the button for the Link for this Language and then select File or URL in the Link window. Type /pt in the Internet File field. Verify that the link opens in the same browser window.
- Similarly, select the "English" and "Deutsch" entries and click on the Edit button to open the Language Settings window and add the image for their flags. As they are already present in the list, the link for these languages is already available.