WebSite X5 Pro
With the Pro edition of WebSite X5, you can enable the automatic user registration, so that Visitors can register themselves and immediately obtain credentials for accessing locked pages. To do this, you first need to set up a database in which the registration data will be saved:
- In Step 1 - Website Settings > Advanced, click on Data Management and enter the necessary information for setting up the Database you intend using for access management.
When the database is set up, you can enable automatic User registration:
- In the Access Management window on Step 1 - Website Settings > Advanced, go to the Settings section.
- Select Automatic Registration as the Registration Mode.
- Specify an active e-mail address in the Admin e-mail address option: requests from users who have forgotten their password and/or new registration alerts will be sent to this address.
- If you want, you can also enable the Send an e-mail to notify new users subscription option, so that the Administrator receives a message each time a new user registers.
- Using the Enable 'Captcha' anti-spam filter option, the "Captcha" anti-spam filter is added to the bottom of the registration form.
- Finally, if you want to make sure that the e-mail addresses used by the Users are correct, you can use the Enable E-mail Address Validation option. In this way, once the registration is complete, Users will automatically receive an e-mail to the address they reported by filling out the form. The e-mail reports a confirmation link the Users will need to click to confirm the authenticity of the e-mail address. By clicking on the link, the e-mail address is validated and the registration is complete. If the Users don't click on the link, the registration will be labeled as pending.
#tip - Double opt-in. By requiring the e-mail address validation, you set the double opt-in procedure, which is required in case of subscription to newsletters or commercial communication services.