WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Google Search Console™ is a free service provided by Google™ to help web Administrators design a website that conforms to its site analysis methods. These tools help diagnose website problems and, if correctly used, they can help improve a website's ranking in search results.
To use Google Search Console™, you will first need a Google Account and be able to prove that you are the owner of the website to be analyzed. One way of proving you are the owner of the website is to copy a meta tag supplied by Google™ in the first <head> section of your Home page, before the <body> section.
This is what you have to do:
- Open an account with Google™.
- Go to the Google Search Console™ home page and log in.
- Click on Add a site in the Home page and type the complete URL of the site you want analyzed. Click on Continue.
- In the Verification Page, select the verification method you want to use. If you want, go to the Alternative methods section and select the HTML Tag option.
- Copy the meta tag supplied by Google™ and paste it into the Verification metatag for Google Search Console in the Statistics, SEO and Code > SEO window of WebSite X5: the Program will add the meta tag in the correct position to the HTML code of your Home page.
A verification meta tag from Google™ looks like this:
<meta name="verify-v1" content="VOPYsjbR4uw/YqV+MWLB0lVmJt0niwdkv9PQTsTREHQ=" />
- Once you have published your website, go back to the Site Verification page in Google Search Console™ and click on Verify to complete the procedure.