WebSite X5 Evo and Pro from version 14
Don't you have engough of the same old Arial font for your website's texts? Thanks to Google Fonts you are free to choose the fonts you like the most and to use them on your websites, with the confidence for your texts to be well-formatted on every device.
Adding and using a Google Font is really simple. Watch this video or keep reading, and to learn how to do it.
Google Fonts: what they are why you need them
Google Fonts™ is a free service offering hunderds of royalty-free and ready-to-use fonts.
Using Google Fonts offers two main advantages:
- they are taken from the CSS-stylesheets of the Web Pages: in this way, they can be stored on Google servers and don't need to be published on the server used for the Website.
- the font library the service offers is really big, so you can develop the best style for your pages, giving your texts the right character and importance.
How to add a font from Google Fonts
WebSite X5 already includes the system to search and install Google Fonts, which makes the procedure much easier and quicker. That's what you need to do:
- In one of the sections where you can add texts, open the drop-down menu for the font selection and click on the Other font types entry to open the Web Font window: here, you need to click on Add.
- In the Add Web fonts widow you have access to, stay in the Google Font section and use the search, order and preview tools to find the right font for your Project.
- Select the font you want to use and confirm by selecting OK.
Once you've followed these simple steps, WebSite X5 automatically reports the new font in all the sections where you can select a font for your texts: in the font selection menu, Google Fonts are easy to be identified because they are displayed next to the icon.