WebSite X5 Evo and Pro since version 2021.4
What's WebSite X5 Hosting
WebSite X5 Hosting is the tailor-made hosting service for WebSite X5 offered by Incomedia which solves any compatibility issue connected to operating systems and PHP versions beforehand.
We wanted to provide you a first-class service, so we chose an exceptional partner: HOST.it, part of Vianova spa, a company which has been designing and implementing hosting services since 2002 to always guarantee security and innovation.
Thanks to this service, Incomedia can now lead you from the beginning till the end by providing you with the tool you need to build your website, as well as the webspace and domain to bring it online right away.
The available plans: Hosting Evo and Hosting Pro
WebSite X5 Hosting comes in 2 plans: Hosting Evo and Hosting Pro.
As the names suggest, each plan is associated to a software edition. If you have an Evo you will then access to the Hosting Evo, while if you have a Pro you will be able to use the Hosting Pro solution.
The Hosting Evo plan includes 100 GB webspace and 1 mailbox. The Hosting Pro plan, on the other hand, includes 500 GB webspace, 5 mailboxes and database. Both plans include 1 automatic domain *.websitex5.me. More in details:
Register and connect your domain
Webspace on SSD disc
SSL Certificate (HTTPS)
*the space is shared with the space available for the disc
Included and extra Hosting
Starting from version 2021.4, when you buy a WebSite X5 licence you get the hosting service connected to the relative edition included in the purchase. In this way, and without any extra costs, you get the webspace and the automatic domain you need to put your website online right away.
As you know, WebSite X5 licences are valid for 12 months, after which you can decide to extend it so to keep receiving updates and new versions. At the same time, you will also be able to renew the connected Hosting so to keep using the webspace, the domain and the e-mails. By renewing the licence and the Hosting service you will be able to access a particularly convenient special offer.
n addition to the webspace included with your WebSite X5 licence, you can also buy and activate other Hosting plans. These extra plans have the same characteristics as the included one, but they aren't directly connected to the licence and can be purchased by users who haven't got the latest software version, too. Extra plans can be then extended after 12 months since the activation date.
Activation of the Hosting services
You don't need to do anything special to activate the Hosting service included with your WebSite X5 licence. Start WebSite X5 and work on your project. Once you're ready, you will access Step 5, so to export your website. Here, you will simply need to click the free hosting activation button and upload your pages. You won't need to report any parameter, as everything's already integrated. Easy-peasy!
#tip - For more information, please see: How to export your website by using the Hosting service included with WebSite X5?
The procedure is the same for any possible extra plan, as long as you aren't using a version older than 2021.4. In such cases, in fact, your software isn't up-to-date enough, so you will need to report the connection parameters manually.
You can get the connection parameters on the control panel, which you can use tho manage the Hosting services.
The Control Panel for the Hosting Management
In order for you to efficiently manage your WebSite X5 Hosting, you can reply on a useful online control panel.
- Log in on the WebSite X5 Help Center.
- Select the Webhosting entry in the dropdown menu you can open by clicking on your profile.
- Here you can find all the Webspaces associated to your account. For each webspace, you will find:
- the status,
- the expiration date,
- the associated automatic or possibly the customized domain (in this case you will also see the expiration date),
- the Access button for the respective control panel,
- the possible necessary buttons to buy or renew the hosting and the customized domain.
- Click on the Access button referred to the wished webspace. You will find the following sections in the control panel you entered:
- Domain: the automatic or possibly the customized domain associated to the webspace.
- E-mail: if you have a customized domain, here you can create and manage the mailboxes connected to your webspace.
- FTP: here you can find the connection parameters linked to the webspace.
- Database: (only for Hosting Pro) here you can find the access parameters for the database associated to the webspace. By clicking on Access, you can connect to a phpMyAdmin, a web application you can use to manage a MySQL database on browser.