WebSite X5 Pro
If you worked carefully while developing your project, you will have added all necessary information for the page optimization in order to be correctly interpreted by the Search Engines and to consequently improve the raking.
Now that you are ready to upload your website, you can perform an analysis on the level of optimization you reach with your website and to see if there are any elements you could improve.
How to start the website analysis
You can perform the website analysis in this way:
- After having saved your project at least once, go to Step 5 - Export and select Website Analysis.
- Here the project is analyzed and you will get the results directly in the Website Analysis window you have access to.
As you can see, the window has two sections: a column reporting some important website data and a table reporting possible errors, alerts and general information resulting from the analysis.
More in details, the column of the left reports these data:
- WebSite Optimization: expresses the website's level of optimization as a percentage.
- WebSite Size: gives the size of the website (the overall size of all the files published online).
- Total Pages: gives the number of pages in the project.
- Total Products: gives the number of Products available in the e-commerce shopping cart for this project.
In the central part of the window two tables are displayed in the middle of the window, and they show:
- A list of the website elements in which possible irregularities have been detected.
The website elements that are analyzed and may appear in this list are:
- Privacy e Security
- Sticky Bar
- Text Style
- Pages and Levels
- Pages and Levels
- A list of the Errors, Alerts and General Information detected for the element selected in the first table. Please consider that:
- Errors could compromise the correct functioning of the website and/or optimization, and it is highly recommended that they are corrected before the website is exported online. Common errors are mistakes in manually-entered HTML code, missing fonts and links to non-existent elements.
- Alerts refer to elements that could be further optimized. They mainly refer to titles and their length, descriptions of pages and texts and alternative text for images.
- General Information gives suggestions on possible improvements that could be made: the inclusion of sitemap.xml and robots.txt files, the size of pages and images, etc.
Use the buttons to respectively activate and deactivate visualization of Errors, Alerts and Information.
Use the button to save the results of the website analysis in an HTML report file, which can be kept and/or shared.
How to fix possible errors
After having performed the analysis and seen the results you can correct possible errors or make any improvements:
- Check the list of errors, alerts and information: you will find the project element each is referred to, a description and possibly the position.
- Select the error/alert/information you want to work on and click on Edit (or double click the description itself) to access to the corresponding window, so to make the necessary changes.
- After having applied the changes, go back to the Website Analysis window and update the results by starting the analysis over again.
After these steps you can proceed uploading your website online.