WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Sometimes, you need to collect and show more than one single image to achieve your goal: think about the pages for a portfolio or about a store where products must be advertised by showing them in details. In such cases, an image Gallery is the best solution.
With WebSite X5 you can choose among different types of Galleries for both your images and your videos. Find out how to create a Gallery: watch this video or keep reading.
How to add a Gallery
It is as simple as that, you need to use the Gallery Object:
- Add the Gallery Object and select the button to open the settings window.
- In the List section of the Gallery Object click on Add to import the images and videos you want to show in your Gallery. The imported files will be displayed in a file list you can easily organize and modify.
#tip - Multiple selection. Hold the SHIFT key and select all the file you want to import in one go.
- For each image/video you add, you can: set a link, an effect, add description to be reported at the bottom of the enlarged image or video, add a Title and an Alt Text which can help optimize the page for the SEO.
A matter of style: Slideshow or Thumbnails?
Now that you have defined the contents of your gallery you can move on to its style.
There are usually two kinds of galleries:
- Slideshows: images in their full size are displayed one by one, and the thumbnails for the other pictures can also be present
- Thumbnail galleries : a grid reporting the thumbnails of the inserted pictures is displayed: it is possible to see the image in its full size in a central Showbox window by clicking its thumbnail
#tip - Showbox. You can completely customize the style of a Showbox on Step 2 - Template Settings > Pop-up window Showbox.
You are free to choose the kind of gallery you prefer: according to the style you choose, you will have all the necessary options at your disposal to customize it.
- Go to the Style section of the Gallery Object and choose the Gallery Type you prefer among those reported in the drop-down list.
- Use the available options according to the type you chose to define its aspect.
How to customize the thumbnails
Thumbnails are a miniature version of a picture or video in a Gallery. They are automatically created by the program and, in order to be more attractive, they are shown in frames that can make them look like slides, negatives, post-its, etc.
You are free to define the style for the thumbnails, too:
- Go to the Thumbnails section of the Gallery Object
- You can choose among one of the available frames, or import an image of your own.
#tip - Create a frame. To create a new frame you simply need to prepare a .PNG image: it has to be squared and have an external transparency.
The Gallery Object is very versatile and you can use it in many situations.
If you are looking for alternative Galleries and Slideshows, you can find many interesting solutions among our Optional Objects: find them out on the Marketplace.