WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Often the best way to of knowing what people think about a subject is simply to ask them for a feedback. Set up a simple survey and collect your visitors' answers using the Poll Object. Check it out on this Preview page.
How to set up the database
You need a database to work with the Poll Object: set it up so to have a place where the collected data are stored.
- Go to Step 1- Website Settings > Advanced > Data Management.
- Click on the Add button and report the necessary details to set up the database: if you don't know them, you can ask your web space provider.
- Click OK to confirm.
How to set up the online poll
Now you can set up the poll:
- On Step 4, double click the Poll Object you added on the page so to open the settings window.
- Type in the Question you want to ask and the Answers the users can choose.
- You can possibly activate the Multiple choice option, so the users can give more than one answer.
- Use the available options in the Style section to define:
- font and colors for the text and for the Vote button which is automatically added below the question;
- the Chart type (bar or pie) reported after having clicked the Vote button: it shows the collected results up until that moment;
- the Object Maximum size.
- Report the Database and the Table Name you want to use to store the data: they are the ones you previously set on Data Management.
- Click Ok when you're happy with the result.
Are you curious to use this Object on your website pages? Install Poll now
You don't have enough Credits to buy this Object? Check out our Credit Packs.