WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Generally speaking, all the pages in a website have the same design, namely the one given by the chosen template. However, you can work on some elements in a page so to make it different. One of these is the page background, which is the area outside the page that is visible when the browser is opened with a higher resolution than the website.
In this image, for example, the page background color is blue.
To set a page background that differs from the general template settings, you have to do the following:
- On Step 3 - Sitemap creation, select the page you want to work on.
- Click on the Properties button to open the Page Properties and then open the Graphic section.
- Select from the menu the Page Background entry and activate the Enable Custom Settings option.
- Use the Image File option to import the picture you want to use as the background for this page. Use the Repeat and Alignment options, if necessary, to correctly position the image with respect to the browser window.
- If the background image is to be fixed, i.e. it mustn't scroll with the page in case it is longer than the space which is immediately displayed, select the Fixed Background.
- If you need to add a link in the page's background, use the Link option to open the Link window and select the type of link to add.
#tip - You can add a link to the page's background to insert an advert, for example. When a visitor clicks on the background, he will land on a page that gives the details of the advert.