WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Links are the basis for the Web: they create paths and connections and enable the users to move from a resource to another other according to their interests and curiosity.
We can identify four types of links, depending on the element the link is placed on:
- Link on texts
The classic hypertext link placed on one or more words in a text. You can create this kind of link in WebSite X5 by working on texts added using the Text, Table or Title Objects.
- Link on images
Also images can be active and have links: to a note or to another page with contents related to the topic. In WebSite X5, the images added with both the Image and the Gallery Object can have a link. And for Galleries and SlideShows, each image can have its own different link.
- Link on buttons
Buttons are elements used to make the user carry out a specific action by clicking, such as going to another page, downloading a file, placing an order etc. In WebSite X5, you can create buttons using either the Image Object, by employing a mouse over effect, or one of the Optional Objects available in the Button category.
- Links on menu items
The navigation menu is just a group of links which enable the user to move from a page to the other within the same Website. You can create a menu in WebSite X5 by using the Menu Object, where links are automatically created and updated according to the map defined on Step 3 - Sitemap Creation. In any case, you can add items on the menu that carry out different actions, such as opening pages belonging to another website.
Regardless the Object you are working with, the procedure to create a link on a text, an image or a button is always the same:
- Double-click the Object (or select it and click on the button) so to open the editor or the settings window.
- If you are using a Text/Table Object, select the word you want to set the link to and if you are using a Gallery Object, select the image you want to use for the link. For the other Objects, you don't need to select anything because the link will be set on all the content.
- Click on the Link button or on the icon next to the Link option.
- According to what you want the link to do, select the action to be carried out in the Link window.
- Set the required parameters according to the selected action and then click OK.