WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Many website statistics tools are available on the Internet, and one of the most popular is Google Analytics™. This tool provides numerous reports for monitoring and in-depth analyzing visits to your website. Google Analytics™ can be used for simple analysis such as counting the number of visits, through to more complex work such as judging the efficiency of your advertising campaigns running on the Google Adsense™ program.
To make use of Google Analytics™, you need to tell the Search Engine which website is to be analyzed, and which pages are to be tracked. For this, you will need to add a special tracking code to the Website Pages.
To sum up, you need to:
How to get a tracking code
- Open an account with Google™ if you still don't have one.
- Go to the Google Analytics™ home page and log in.
- Follow the procedure to get the relative tracking code. For more information, please see the Analytics Guide.
#tip - You can directly click on available on the Statistics and Code section of WebSie X5 to access http://www.google.it/analytics/.
How to add the tracking code on the website pages
- Open the Step 1 - Website Settings > Statistics and Code > Statistics window of WebSite X5
- Activate the Enable website hit statistics option and choose Google Universal Analytics.
- Paste the code into the field of the Tracking ID for Google Universal Analytics option.
- Click Ok to confirm.
#tip - I you are using the Pro edition, you can choose Google Universal Analytics or the WebSite X5 Analytics internal engine. Google Universal Analytics is the only available option if you are using the Evo edition.