WebSite X5 Pro
You may have more than one single variant for the products on your store. Think about clothes for example: a t-shirt can be available in different colors (Black, Red, Blue) and sizes (Small, Medium, Large). That's what you need to do to set up your product catalog in this case:
- Go to Shopping Cart > Product List and create the product "T-Shirt", select it and click on Edit to access the Product Settings window.
- Open the Options section and click on the Add button next to the Main Option List: write the name for the first option (Black) in the specific field.
- Now click on the Add button placed next to the Sub-options list and write the label for the first sub-option (Small). Report the other sizes as well using other sub-options (Medium and Large).
- Create a new main option (Red): you will already find a list of possible sub-options related to the sizes. Tick the sub-options you want to activate in this case.
- Repeat the same steps for the third option as well (Blue).
Sometimes options can have a different price. If that's your case, you can report a Price difference for every new main option: the back t-shirt can then cost €2 more than the price you set on Product Settings > General.
The final Customer will then be able to see and select the wished options with a list displayed within the e-commerce shopping cart and/or in the product sheet created using the Product Catalog Object.
#tip - Please don't forget that if you're working with the Evo edition of WebSite X5 you can report and manage the product main options, but not the sub-options.