WebSite X5 Pro
You may have more than one single variant for the products on your store. Think about clothes for example: a t-shirt can be available in different colors (Black, Red, Blue) and sizes (Small, Medium, Large). That's what you need to do to set up your product catalog in this case:
- Go to Shopping Cart > Product List and create the product "T-Shirt", select it and click on Edit to access the Product Settings window.
- Open the Options section and click on the Add button next to the Main Option List: write the name for the first option (Black) in the specific field.
- Now click on the Add button placed next to the Sub-options list and write the label for the first sub-option (Small). Report the other sizes as well using other sub-options (Medium and Large).
- Create a new main option (Red): you will already find a list of possible sub-options related to the sizes. Tick the sub-options you want to activate in this case.
- Repeat the same steps for the third option as well (Blue).
Sometimes options can have a different price. If that's your case, you can report a Price difference for every new main option: the back t-shirt can then cost €2 more than the price you set on Product Settings > General.
The final Customer will then be able to see and select the wished options with a list displayed within the e-commerce shopping cart and/or in the product sheet created using the Product Catalog Object.
Please don't forget that if you're working with the Evo edition of WebSite X5 you can report and manage the product main options, but not the sub-options.