WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
While you are working on a project, you may need to move it to another computer, for example if you want a copy of it at home/in your office, if you want to share your work with other people or if you want to create a backup copy. In such cases, it is essential for the Website to work correctly to move not only the project file, but also all the files that are linked to it, so to avoid any issues with your Website.
Installing the software
Of course, the first thing to do is installing WebSite X5 on your second PC, on which you are going to work on the project. Remember: with WebSite X5, you can activate the same licence key on up to 2 PCs.
- On the second PC, access to your Help Center account by using the e-mail address and password chosen to register your licence.
- Access the "Download" section of your account and download the wished version.
- Start the installation procedure and activate the program with your licence. If you don't remember it, you can find the licence key you need in the "My licences" section of your account.
- Activate the licence using the same credentials used to access the Help Center.
Exporting the project
Now that WebSite X5 is installed on the second PC, you can move on and export the project you want to transfer:
- Start WebSite X5 on the first PC and open the wished project.
- On Step 5 - Export, select the Export the Project option.
- In the Export the Project window, select the Destination path, i. e. where you want your project file to be saved.
- You can possibly decide whether to activate the following options:
- Include copy of the Website preview file: so you won't have to wait for the preview file to be recreated. The project file will be larger.
- Include the Backup copies: so you can possibly recover some backups generated while working on the project. The project file will be larger.
- Reduce the resolution of larger images: so the preview can be generated more rapidly and the project file weights less.
- Click on Next and wait until the export is complete.
When the export procedure is complete, you will have a single, compressed file in .IWZIP format that you can easily move from a computer to another.
Importing the project
Now, in order to import the Project on the second PC where you have installed WebSite X5, you have to follow these steps:
- Start WebSite X5, click on Home>Open Project to access the Edit an existing Project window.
- Click on the Import button and select the .IWZIP file that has been transferred from the other computer.
- When the file has been successfully imported, a preview of the Project is displayed in the list of existing projects: select it and click on the Next button to edit it.
#tip - Warning! Don't forget that all the changes applied to a project are saved locally on the PC you are working on, and won't therefore be applied to the project saved on a different PC. Because of this, if you need to work on the same project on more than one PC, you will need to transfer the .iwzip file from a PC to the other following the procedure we just described.