WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Every Blog has a Main Page, which functions as a section Home Page, and as many Pages as the published article are.
The Main Page of a Blog is a sort of cover reporting a selection of the latest articles, each one summarized in a card.
Each card reports the following elements, which are the same ones you can define in the Post Settings window:
- Description, which is taken from the Caption, or, if this isn't available, from part of the Content
- Details, which report the Category, the Author and the Date
- Button, which provides the link to the article page
If the number of published Articles exceeds the amount of Articles to be displayed on the Blog Main Page, at the end of the page the pagination will automatically be displayed: this element takes on the same style that has been defined for the Article cards.
To customize the layout for the Blog home page you should proceed this way:
- Go to Step 3- Sitemap, select the Special Page Blog: Main Page and select on Edit, or double-click on it.
- Select the card type you prefer: you can choose among cards which vary according to the elements order and their horizontal or vertical arrangement.
- Cover on the left, title and contents on the right
- Title and contents on the left, cover on the right
- Cover at the top, title and contents at the bottom
- Title and contents at the top, cover at the bottom
- Customize the graphic layout for the cards: you can work on both the options available for the Card Settings, as well as on those available for each Element.
- If you want to highlight the latest posts you published, select the First articles highlighted with cards or First articles highlighted with a slideshow options and decide how many articles you want to highlight, as well as the size for these cards.