WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Does it ever occur to you that the longer you surf online, the more browser tabs you open? I do this all the time! Thanks to the favicons and the page titles, I can understand what's on each tab, so I can go back to it if I need to.
With the Tab Focus Object you can attract the attention of the users who, like me, tend to have many browser tabs open at the same time. In fact, with this Object you can set an animation on the favicon and/or the page title, so that the effect is displayed right when the browser tab referred to your website ins't active. This will bring the attention back to your web page and visitors will be more likely to come back to your website. Check out the Preview page to see how this Object looks like.
#tip - Favicon and Title. If you don't know exactly what a favicon is, please see : How to add a favicon to the site. If, on the other hand, you need any extra details about how to manage Title Tags, check out How to manually set Tag Title and Description for a page.
The Tab Focus Object isn't a real content, but rather a page setting affecting the information displayed on the browser tab during the online surfing. Because of this, you can add the Object in any cell of the page layout table, as long as it doesn't affect the way the other elements are positioned.
- Double-click on the inserted Tab Focus Object so to open the settings window.
- Type in the New Title field the Title which you want to show instead of the one reported for the Title Tag.
- Define the Effect you want the new title to be displayed with and set the Speed the effect has to take on.
- You can possibly add an emoticon next to the title using the Display Emoticon option: you can of course choose the kind of emoticon you want as well as whether it should be positioned on the left or on the right.
- Finally, you can possibly animate the favicon using the New Favicon option and importing the file you want to use.
- Click OK when you're happy with the result.
- Use the local preview, then click in the Preview the Website on another browser option (only available for Pro).
- Open other tabs as well: select a different tab which isn't the one referred to your website, then check out the final result.
#tip - The Tab Focus Object works only for the page it has been added on: set in on all your website pages you want it to be active on. Alternatively you can add the Object Tab Focus directly on the header, so it can be active on the whole website.
Are you curious to use this Object on your website pages? Install Tab Focus now
You don't have enough Credits to buy this Object? Check out our Credit Packs