WebSite X5 Pro from version 13
One of the most interesting features of the WebSite X5 Manager app is that you can enable push notifications to alert you of new events on your websites and to keep you, as the website Administrator, constantly updated on what is happening on them.
If you want to enable and set up push notifications, this is what you need to do:
- Go to WebSite X5's WebSite X5 Manager window on Step 1 - Setting > Advanced and select the Enable push notifications option.
- Publish the website online.
- Start the WebSite X5 Manager app and tap the Website settings button of the website you want to work on.
- In the Website settings screen, you have to enable/disable the push notification you want to receive.
If push notifications were not initially enabled in WebSite X5, but were enabled later, you need to follow these steps:
- Select the Enable push notifications option.
- Publish the updated website online.
- Go to the app’s Website Settings screen where all the notifications appear disabled: enable the ones you want to receive.
#tip - Warning. If WebSite X5's Enable push notifications option is not active, you won’t be able to enable notifications in the app’s Website settings screen. If it is enabled, you will be able to choose the notifications to enable/disable in the app.
You can receive a push notification with the app when:
- a new order arrives in the online store;
- stock levels for a product fall below a set minimum quantity;
- a new comment is published for the Blog or the Comments and Ratings Object;
- a new User registers on one of your websites.
Tap on the notification to access the section in the WebSite X5 Manager app that is linked to the event. If, for example, you receive a notification of a new order, go to the E-commerce cart section in the app that corresponds to the website which the store belongs to. The order can be processed from there.