WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
There are lots of portals from where you can download fonts to use in your projects: one of the best-known for the variety and quality of its free fonts is Fontsquirrel.
If you want to use fonts from Fontsquirrel in a WebSite X5 project, you need to:
- Go the Fontsquirrel directory and use its filters to find the fonts you want to use. Make sure that the font you select is available in both the desktop and web versions. You can check this through the icons that are shown next to the font's name, and which indicate permitted uses:
- Commercial Desktop Use - Create commercial graphics and documents.
- @font-face Embedding - Embed the font in your web site with CSS.
- Ebooks and PDFs - Embed fonts in eBooks and portable documents.
- Applications - Embed the fonts in applications and software.
- Click on the font you want to use to proceed to the next page, and here you must open the Webfont Kit section.
- Choose the Subset that you want to use from the menu, and then select all the formats available for the font (TTF, EOT, WOFF, SVG), then click on the Download @font-face kit button to start the download.
When the download is completed, you will have a zipped folder on your computer that contains all the files needed by WebSite X5 to use a web font (see How to add an Offline Web Font).