WebSite X5 Evo and Pro
Disqus is one of the most popular and largely used comment management platforms: not only you can communicate in the best way with your readers, but it also connects websites and columnists, which turns the platform into a source for new ideas and contents to develop.
On the official website Disqus.com you can find a description of all the offered functions and plans. You can use the free Basic plan or, in case of more specific needs, you can choose among one of the paid solutions.
Disqus can be integrated with WebSite X5 with no effort. We'll now see how to:
How to configure Disqus
If you want to use Disqus, the first thing to do is to activate the service:
- Go to the website Disqus.com, click on the Get Started button and create an account so you can log in.
- Follow the procedure to register your website. By registering it on Disqus, you create a forum identified by a univocal short name, thanks to which you can correctly associate the comments to the website.
How to activate Disqus on your website
Now the service is active you can go back to your website project in WebSite X5:
- Go to Step 3- Sitemap, select the Special Page Blog: Article Page and select on Edit, or double-click on it.
- Mmake sure that Let readers add Comments to your Blog option is active.
- Select Disqus as Comment management system.
- Insert in the reported field the Short Name you received during the registration on Disqus.
How to configure and manage comments
To configure the service and to manage the comments you need to login on Disqus.com and use the functions available on the console.